Guttering
Information, help and tips on many areas of roofing including trusses, tiling, venting, insulation etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ocean
Apprentice
Apprentice

Guttering

by ocean » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:28 pm

Iam planning a new little project, I wish to change the old half round plastic guttering with new black square guttering, the old guttering has paint all over it where the previous owners did a sloppy facia paint job without removing it. (ill be replacing that as well) Rubber seals probably perished and some has fallen down. Brackets appear to break (does this stuff get brittle with age?. Anyhow Ive not bought guttering before, I see verious prices out there ranging from around 6 pounds odd upto around 12 quid. Having no experiance of guttering what am i paying for here, is the 6 pound stuff inferior for some reason? I see 3 and 4 meter lenghts advertised, seems to me the longer the length the better (less joins). My house, great challenge as ive never done it. Nothing like doing a good job and thinking ''i did that'' as i drive upto the house. (dont laugh, us office wallah's are chuffed with little acheivments in the d.i.y. world. Read all there is on installing guttering. Want a decent job done. Anyone recommend a supplier, advise the quality issues if any. Or is guttering just guttering and cheapest just as good as expensive. Thats all I need and guttering nivana will be in my grasp!!!!

tim reeve
Tradesman
Tradesman

by tim reeve » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:36 pm

Ocean,Does get brittle with age and discolours.Six or seven quid about right price.

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Local help at hand!

by TheDoctor4 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:12 pm

For up to 5 FREE quotes from trusted, vetted and insured tradesmen in your area visit the DIY Doctor Find a Tradesman page: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find_tradesmen/

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:14 pm