Hager consumer unit
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
PKRHOD
Labourer
Labourer

Hager consumer unit

by PKRHOD » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:05 pm

Help I have to put a new fuse into a consumer unit are all fuses the same fit? I need to conect the power cable the builder has left for the Garage in the consumer box. Any info would be a great help.

ericmark

by ericmark » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:50 pm

Unless in Scotland this would be covered by Part P. Even without Part P before connecting any electrics they should be tested and not all cable or fuses are the same in any house so there is something wrong with this in mind only advice we can really give is call in an electrician.

PKRHOD
Labourer
Labourer

Info

by PKRHOD » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:14 pm

Thanks for that, was told just could go ahead but looking into P Regs I would be breaking the law etc. Dont want to go up in smoke just does not look that hard! Any way thanks for that you live and learn.

ericmark

by ericmark » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:48 pm

You are of course right the doing is not hard. It is the knowing what to do and the testing after that needs the skill. I know people take no notice of Part P and I would prefer to see it done correct rather than people guessing and if I can I will advise. But in your case I expect building inspectors will come to site and you seemed to have something wrong as fuses have longer blades as the amps go up so are not all the same fit. So better to have 1. The correct paperwork 2. Get job done correctly.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:26 pm