Halstead Ace HE35, no DHW
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
stuartcmorrison
Labourer
Labourer

Halstead Ace HE35, no DHW

by stuartcmorrison » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:27 pm

Hi, everything as normal this morning until I came to take a shower and noticed I've got no hot water. Central heating and stand-by mode as normal but mode doesn't change when hot water tap is turned on. tried turning power off and on and reseting as per instructions. digital display just shows stand-by or CH if it's on, no error display.

anyone got any ideas. Cheers, Stuart.

stuartcmorrison
Labourer
Labourer

by stuartcmorrison » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:47 pm

other advice pointed me in the direction of the flow valve where i would probably find a perforated diaphragm.

removed and dismantled said flow valve only to find there is no diaphragm, the flow valve doesn't look like the one in the diagram but is wired into the same flow terminals, i'm assuming this is an improved design as it seems diaphragms were a common problem.

on this one there is just a pendulum which swings up with water flow and then activates the hot water (don't know exactly how the activation works as there is no metalic contact and doesn't seem to be a micro switch). anyway, by powering up the boiler with this flow valve in my hand i turned it upside down (to move the pendulum) and hey presto it calls for hot water.

assembled everything back together and it all works as it should (for now), i can only assume that maybe the spindle on the flow valve was sticking slightly and through man handling it's freed up.

anyway, i know where to look next time.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:37 pm

If nothing at all happened it is normally a problem with the DHW flow-switch, spindle not connecting with microswitch, split diaphragm or as it looks like in your case - sticking spindle.

Glad it's sorted.

Sorry for late response

htg

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:58 am