Hanging kitchen wall units 1.5 to 3 cm off wall
General problems, solutions, information and advice on fixing to walls of all kinds

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
thebiggestredofall
Labourer
Labourer

Hanging kitchen wall units 1.5 to 3 cm off wall

by thebiggestredofall » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:49 am

I need to hang one of my wall units - the corner one - 1.5cm off one wall and 3cm off the other. Reason is to get ahead of 4 pipes on the 3cm wall and align with original wall units on other (new units are 2cm deeper than old ones). With these offsets all the units match - they're all lined up on top of the worktops waiting to be hung.

My question is:
How do I ensure they will hang safely with these offsets?

I know I will need longer screws to cover the offset at a minimum, but do I need even longer or stronger screws to go deeper into the wall?

Will screwing into 1.5cm and 3cm peices of wood respectively against the wall be sufficient for the hang? And if so, should I screw these into the wall separately or will it be ok for them to be held by the screws used for the hook?

The units are from Wickes and the corner unit is 625mm * 625mm, height 735mm. The unit has two hanging brackets, one at each end, which each hang on a hook that I need to screw to the wall.

Many thanks.

Steve

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Sat May 01, 2010 6:28 pm

thebiggestredofall,
Securely fix the battens to the wall and use longer screws through into the wall for the cupboard hangers.
end

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:37 pm