Has anyone used my builder contract before?
Information, help and advice on many architecture, self build and design problems and issues

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
tlogic
Labourer
Labourer

Has anyone used my builder contract before?

by tlogic » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:39 am

Hi,

I am shortly about to start a rear extension on my property which is going to cost me circa £70k. My builder has been recommended by a friend but I want a detailed contract in place before the works starts.

My builder has offered to draft me one but this is simply written on piece of paper which to me isn't worth the paper it's written on.

My project has some intricate glazing details but I want to make sure this is captured in a contract.

I've come across a company called My Builder Contract who produces contracts for homeowners but wondering if anyone have used them before. www.mybuildercontract.co.uk.

Thanks

thedoctor

Re: Has anyone used my builder contract before?

by thedoctor » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:36 am

Hi

We have our own contract here on DIY Doctor and a substantial quantity of notes and help to support it and best of all it's free!

Our contract has been downloaded thousands of times and has been produced with the assisatnce of numerous builders and legal professionals, it can be downloaded here: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/building-contracts/

In fact we spent a substantial amount of money removing all the legal jargon to ensure the contract is straightforward and easy to understand

We have also just revamped our avoiding cowboy builders and working successfully with tradesman notes, this will help you also and can be found here: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find-trade ... -paper.htm

Hope this helps

Kind Regards

tlogic
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Has anyone used my builder contract before?

by tlogic » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:41 pm

Hi,

Thank you for the link but I ended up going through this company as I didn't want the hassle of putting one together.

So far these guys seem ok, loads of communication from them. Just waiting for the end product from them now.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:27 am