Have you used opw windows? Whats your opinion.
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

Enfieldlady
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Have you used opw windows? Whats your opinion.

by Enfieldlady » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:46 pm

To jon3179

Thank you for the information. I have contacted the television company and hope to be involved in the documentary that will make this company accountable for their actions.

ann65
Labourer
Labourer

by ann65 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:47 am

I used Opw to install 2 sets of patio doors a few years back.

I was recommended to the company by a friend of a friend. I was very pleased with the work that I had done and would consider using them again for further home improvements.

The installer was a nice man who answered my queries,he came back to my property to assist me as I had trouble locking the door only to realise I was not pulling the handle up properly.

We were given some alternative quotes which were significantly higher than what I ended up paying

I had no problems with the company in my case.

phyllis_e11
Labourer
Labourer

by phyllis_e11 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:07 pm

I have read the reviews on OPW and I can honestly say that I am very surprised by some of the negative comments. As my experience of them was excellent. I used OPW last year when I needed to replace all my windows, both front, back and a new back door. This was a big deal for me as new windows were a huge expense to me, and I always like to ensure I get value for money!

I can honestly say everything went smoothly, the fitters arrived and installed all windows and my new back door to a high standard. The work was completed on time, and even though a few handles were missing on the day of installation, one of the fitters came back within 2 days to finish the job. I didn't even have to call them. The windows have made such a difference to the look of my house, and best all there are NO MORE GAPING in my window frames so my house is lovely and warm.

The work was very clean and tidy, and the fitters courteous and professional, and best of all the price was reasonable. The windows actually looked better than I was expecting.

I would recommend OPW to anyone, and I have done, as my personal experience was very good. So thank you OPW you have a very happy customer, and you were worth every penny!!

Enfieldlady
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Enfieldlady » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:42 pm

At Last!!

I have received a call from 'Cowboy builders/traders' and they will be featuring this 'cowboy company' in one of their programmes.

Thank goodness there are programmes like this out there who highlight the poor service and deceitfulness of companies to deceive customers, take all their money and do not provide the quality or service promised.

Good bye OPW LTD & OPW by design!!!

cassiemog14
Labourer
Labourer

by cassiemog14 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:00 am

Guys - what is going on here? I have a number of properties in North Lndon and have used OPW to replace the windows and doors on at least 6 of them.
Never have I had any problems with either the service from the company or the quality of the goods. In fact just last week I arranged to have another property refurbished and am again using OPW, and yes before you ask I was aware that they had changed their name, together with some of their staff to OPW by Design.
To the chap who says there will be no guarantees - check before you speak, all service work is still being carried out!!
I find it absolutely scandulous that a bunch of anonymous people have nothing better to do than try to ruin peoples livliehoods - it takes two to make a deal you know!!!! Enfield lady - your attitude certainly comes across as very aggressive - could this be why you had problems dealing with people??
GOOD LUCK OPW BY DESIGN LIMITED - I for one shall continue to use you

phyllis_e11
Labourer
Labourer

by phyllis_e11 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:57 am

I agree with Cassiemog14, I would say to anyone reading this forum and who were thinking of using OPW by Design not to write them off just on the basis of a few negative comments. As mentioned in my post, I did not have any problems with OPW, in fact I was highly impressed by the service I received from them, and the staff were nothing but helpful.

I am aware that they are under new management and there have been changes in staff but my guarantee is still valid as its back by an insurance company, I called the office to check so if anyone is concerned I’d suggest they do the same.

I will continue to recommend OPW and I wish them all the best for the future.

Lil22
Labourer
Labourer

by Lil22 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:50 am

I'm so surprised by this. We have used this company twice and each time their work has been much cheaper than other quotes and of a very good standard. Problems - piece of patterned glass made to the wrong size, were quickly fixed as was a problem that occurred some months after installation. The workers were friendly and helpful and left no mess. The woman on the phone has always been helpful and knowledgeable and ensures things are done. In fact their cost, windows and workmanship were far better than those of a previous company. Maybe I used a different OPW? I certainly wouldn't have used them had I read these posts first, so my good luck on this occasion.

Orient
Labourer
Labourer

by Orient » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:05 pm

I don't know what the negative comments on this site are all about. Thank goodness we didn't see them as we had only a positive experience.
I guess some people are just negative and can't help it.
We were treated with courtesy and care when we contacted OPW to have our windows installed. The company came highly recommended.
We were given an estimate and the work was carried out on time and with no extra costs . Everyone treated us in the most professional manner and we were very happy with all aspects of the job and with the finished work. We have no hesitation in recommending them. L. East London.

Lil22
Labourer
Labourer

by Lil22 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:09 pm

Just a thought, I've seen this programme about cowboy builders & they seem to have considerable evidence of bad practice but not of good. In this case it would seem that there is considerable evidence of good practice, certainly I am a very happy customer of OPW. I have found them to be reliable, polite and to work to a good standard. I would be happy to testify to this to any TV producer, it would only be fair to do so.
Any TV channel would need to be very sure of its facts or there would be serious consequences. I would expect them to contact both happy and unhappy customers first. As far as I know, no-one has complained to Trading Standards, surely a good place to start?

rck67
Labourer
Labourer

by rck67 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:28 am

I had OPW quote me for replacement windows back in Oct '11, they were polite and helpful, job was quoted, delivered and fitted within 10 days. No hassel, no problems. We were so pleased with the job that when we decided to have a new porch we phoned them straight away. I have to admit that it has not been plain sailing.
The builder they employed has since been removed from the company, he was not very good. Firstly the brick work was not straight, but he was sent back to rectify it, then he tried to plaster the inside and screed the floor. Honestly, I could of done a better job. Got Tony the surveyer round to check out the builders work and he resent the builder to sort it out. It still looks awful, I have been trying to contact the office, but the phone no longer works.I have no confidence that the base of the porch is sound as I had no confidence in the builder OPW sent to do the work, BUT I feel that the windows and door are ok, only time will tell!!
No one told me they had stopped trading in Feb'11 as I only had a lad to adjust my front door on Easter Saturday, and he was in an OPW van.
Not sure where to go from here as they were all nice polite people, and now I don't know if the problems I have with my porch are going to get sorted.
Has the program about OPW been aired yet?

Enfieldlady
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Enfieldlady » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:44 pm

I also had windows fitted with no problem. It was when the work commenced for the conservatory that all our problems began. they contract out to builders - like you said builders work to poor standard ... Builders not turning up. Non existing customer service and work not completed!! All monies paid upfront. had to employ additional builders to start all over again with additional expense.

rck67
Labourer
Labourer

by rck67 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:43 am

I don't understand why you paid all monies up front, we only paid a deposit and the rest on completion.
My porch is completed, but not to a satisfactory finish, and the only reason it is paid for in full is because I was not at home when it was completed, otherwise I would still have kept a holding fee back.
OPW's builder was not sub contracted, although I do believe they normally are, he was employed by the company and was just not up to the job.
I do have to say that the guys that did the window, roof and plastics were as good as gold, but again, who knows how good? Only time will tell, but isn't that the case with any job you have done!
I managed to speak to Emma in the office yesterday as the phones have been put back on, not sure for how long or if I will ever see a builder from OPW again, but I am hoping.
I do feel lucky that my complaint about OPW is not as bad as your's, and am grateful that it seems that I have gotten off lightly.

amarh
Labourer
Labourer

by amarh » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:28 am

I have used OPW Windows.
The pre-sale service with the manager was faultless. There was no problem with the quality of work. The workers who were employers of the company including the son of the manager were deligent, hardworking and clean. They cleared up upon the completion of the work. Their After Sales which I have only had to use once since the completion in 2011 was also excellent. From my experience with OPW, I do not recognize any of the negative comments being posted about the company. I will have no hesitation in recommending the work, quality of their products to anyone including my friends and relatives.

opwbydesign
Labourer
Labourer

by opwbydesign » Fri May 10, 2013 3:25 pm

I am commenting on behalf of OPW By Design, of which a couple of people on this post are choosing to slander and libel our company unnecessarily and are associating us with a company called OPW Ltd. We have no association whatsoever with this and should these posts and comments continue you will leave us with no alternative but to take legal action.

I would like to point out that whilst everyone has the right to freedom of speech, it is in fact against the law to give untrue stories and information that has no connection to us.

Vikram2013
Labourer
Labourer

by Vikram2013 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:35 pm

I have used OPW many times - I also know the guys quite well! I will give you my honest opinion.... most the blogs on this forum have been posted by competitors in hope of damaging their reputation.

Great service, hard to beat prices and very friendly.

I hope you can all sleep at night

It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:24 pm