Having Some Problems Rewiring my Hallway With new Switches
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
INeedFruit
Labourer
Labourer

Having Some Problems Rewiring my Hallway With new Switches

Post by INeedFruit » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:26 pm

Hello

I recently decorated the hall and I brought new light switches to go along with it. I have noticed the wiring is a bit confusing and would love some advice on it. I have three light switches in total. Two for the hall and one for the hall and outside light. I've taken some photos of the wiring before I started but some of the newer switches do not have the same terminals as the old ones.

I've tried different set-ups and it seems that one light switch is the problem but I could be completely wrong! Here are some images:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Having Some Problems Rewiring my Hallway With new Switches

Post by kbrownie » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:30 pm

so where are the pictures from before you disconnected the original swicthes.

Also if you are using metallic switch plates, the switch plate must be tied in to all the earths at the switch.

INeedFruit
Labourer
Labourer

Post by INeedFruit » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:08 am

kbrownie wrote:so where are the pictures from before you disconnected the original swicthes.

Also if you are using metallic switch plates, the switch plate must be tied in to all the earths at the switch.

Here's the Original wiring. Thanks for your help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by kbrownie » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:41 pm

The second switch looks like an intermediate switch have you replaced this also and with an intermediate switch? (they are different to the standard two way switches)

INeedFruit
Labourer
Labourer

Post by INeedFruit » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:32 pm

That looks like where I'm going wrong. I'll order an intermediate switch soon. Thanks for your help!

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:20 pm