Heat recovery fan for condensation?
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
elliot5200
Labourer
Labourer

Heat recovery fan for condensation?

by elliot5200 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:45 pm

Hello, I moved into my flat recently and the surveyor noted high damp readings on my outside-facing bedroom wall. There is no visible damp or mould though and no condensation that I can see.

I’ve since got a damp meter and a hygrometer and am also getting high relative humidity readings on that wall (as high as 80 sometimes in the night; 60-70 in the day)

Assuming it’s condensation, I’ve been recommended 2 different things by different people:

1) Installing a Elta Mori HR150 Continuous Running Alternate Flow Heat Recovery Fan (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Elta-Continuou ... C71NG?th=1) which collects and retains heat from extracted air every 70 seconds and is very energy efficient. This is meant to improve the temperature (as my room does get very cold) and helps tackle problems associated with condensation dampness. But with installation it’ll cost about £600!

Does anyone have any experience with this? I can’t find much online at all about it.

2) As there are some blocked vents in the room, simply opening them up again to ventilate the room better (although I’m reluctant to do that as the room is already very cold).

Anyone able to offer some advice please?

Thanks very much!

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Heat recovery fan for condensation?

by stoneyboy » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:20 pm

Hi elliot5200,
You are looking at a very expensive option. Suggest you unblock the vents and use a heater to raise the temperature in the room.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:46 pm