Heating Doctor
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Heating Doctor

by htg engineer » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:25 pm

firstly thanks for reply on " setting up a business".

I'm after some advice on Worcester 24cdi RSf boiler. What a boiler to work on, the layout makes it awkward to change parts easily. It doesn't help that the one I've been working on i've got about 18" between a wall and the front of the boiler to work with. Anyway.

I need to fit a new expansion vessel, but the internal one looks a nightmare to replace as you have to remove pump, gas valve, plate heat-ex, air pressure switch. And the instructions say to remove gas to water heat-ex too, not sure why.

I'd normally follow manufacturers instructions and specs. But have you, or do you know anyone that has installed an external pressure vessel to a 24cdi ? other boilers, say in the instructions that this is acceptable, but it doesn't in the 24cdi instructions. And with the pressure vessel connection being part of the pump manifold, Not sure if it would cause problems.

If it was a paying customer i'd strip the boiler down, no problem, but it's for family so it's a freebie job. And don't want to waste a good few hours, for no return.

The Heating Doctor
Foreman
Foreman

by The Heating Doctor » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:59 am

Not come across this before, how ever fitting an external vessel should not be a problem as it's the system rather than the boiler that needs the expansion. You know the function of the vessel, so where the expansion is should not be a problem.

Worcester tech services are on these numbers if you wish to confirm.

Monday to Friday: 7.00am - 8.00pm
Saturday: 8.30am - 4.00pm

Tel: 08705 266 241
Fax: 01905 752 741

Also thinking about it if you have more than a single story building the inbuilt expansion vessel would not be large enough, so you would add expansion to allow for this.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1