Heating Problems - Radiator Bleed Valve and Clattering Pipes
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
squiffy
Labourer
Labourer

Heating Problems - Radiator Bleed Valve and Clattering Pipes

Post by squiffy » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:33 am

Right i have 2 problems and i hoping that you knowledgable folks out there will be able to help me!

I have a Combi-Boiler.

Problem 1:
The Bleed Valves on all the radiators in my house tighten tightly except for on one radiator in my bedroom. That one can be turned so that the screw on the bleed valve is either horizontal or vertical but if i try and turn it too far round, then water comes out of the little spout on the plastic ring surrounding it.

Is there a problem with the threading? Should it tighten securely?

Problem 2:
When i turn the heating on, i get a clattering sound coming from the pipes, particularly the ones feeding the upstairs radiators, the clattering is not constant but it does rattle for the whole time that the heating is on.

Can anyone suggest what the problem might be and how to solve it? :)

ALDA
Foreman
Foreman

Post by ALDA » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:36 pm

S,

PROBLEM 1.

SOUNDS AS IF THE BLEED VALVE/SCREW THREAD IS PARTIALLY STRIPPED AND YES IT NEEDS TO BE SECURE.

(NEW VALVE SCREW AND OR VALVE BODY REQUIRED DEPENDING ON TYPE OF RAD/BLEED VALVE).

PROBLEM 2.

SOUNDS AS IF THE PIPES ARE NOT SUFFICIENTLY CLIPPED AND ARE THEREFORE VIBRATING AGAINST EACH OTHER AND/OR SURROUNDING STRUCTURE.

(IF ACCESSIBLE, SECURE WITH MORE CLIPS)

ALDA.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1