Help !! Can't find heating valve
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

stevehicks
Labourer
Labourer

Help !! Can't find heating valve

by stevehicks » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:38 am

Hi

In my house each floor has it's own heating control panel so that the temp on each floor can be controlled seperately. About 8 months ago the valve on the ground floor malfunctioned and needed to be replaced. It was easy to find. Now the one on the first floor is malfunctioning and probably needs replacing too. The problem is that I don't know where it is. I have used one of the pipe locator devices but I couldn't locate the valve. I have also cut two holes in likely locations in two walls in order to try and find it but it was not behind either section. I have also been up in the loft to see if it's up there but it's not. I called a plumber out and he had the carpets and floorboards up on that floor and some skirting away but he couldn't find it either. Does anyone have any ideas how I can find this valve without destrying more of my walls ?? Any tips would be GREATLY appreciated : * }