Help central heating will not work without the HW on ?
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
illilli
Labourer
Labourer

Help central heating will not work without the HW on ?

by illilli » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:16 am

Please help as my son (14 Months) is having to sleep with loads of blankets and his nose and hands are freezing ! I have to keep getting up and putting the HW on for 1+ to get the CH on.
Problem
When I turn the CH on (constant) the boiler does nothing Light stays on amber and the small window in the boiler shows no flame.
When I turn on the HW at the same time as the CH the boiler comes on and the light goes green and flame comes on. The radiators heat up !
When the HW finnishes and turns off it also tuns off the CH even tho the CH is set to ON constant !
Please help its costing me a forture !

roger196
Ganger
Ganger

by roger196 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:45 pm

Forgive the obvious but has the room thermostat been turned down. There should be a clicking sound as it is turned up and then down. If no click, then it is likely the thermostat needs replacing.
If this is not the problem, the programmer should be checked that the CH goes live in the on position.
As this is mains voltage, use a professional if you have any doubts about your electrical skills.

DONFRAMAC
Ganger
Ganger

by DONFRAMAC » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:38 pm

I have read on this forum, that the room-stat needs its earth connection wired-up for it to work.

illilli
Labourer
Labourer

by illilli » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:31 am

I have checked the thomostat and it is turned up and makes the click noise !
The light on the timer comes on when the CH is turned on but the boiler does not turn on ! but you could be right that there is no voltage from the timer ?

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1