Help! Damaged Fridge Handles
Re-generate an old or tired space and give it a fresh breath of life. Click here for answers, information and tips

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
HoratioD
Labourer
Labourer

Help! Damaged Fridge Handles

Post by HoratioD » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:53 am

I've just moved into an apartment and the fridge handles have been seriously worn. The metallic silver paint has come off completely, revealing the plastic underneath.

Any tips on how I can repair this?

I thought about spray paint but I don't want it to flake off on my family's hands when we touch it.

Thanks for everything!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Help! Damaged Fridge Handles

Post by stoneyboy » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:51 pm

Hi horatiod,
Mask either side of the handles, rub them down and clean with a solvent, get an aluminium spray paint rattle can from a motorists store and spray thin coats on the handles. Extra masking may be needed.
Regards S

HoratioD
Labourer
Labourer

Post by HoratioD » Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:22 am

That's great, thanks!
Is the aluminium spray paint just aluminium coloured or is it a special type of spray paint?

stoneyboy wrote:Hi horatiod,
Mask either side of the handles, rub them down and clean with a solvent, get an aluminium spray paint rattle can from a motorists store and spray thin coats on the handles. Extra masking may be needed.
Regards S

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by stoneyboy » Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:36 pm

Hi horatiod,
Buy a generic aluminium spray paint - it will be coloured with aluminium particles.
Regards S

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:23 pm