DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Help - Dripping Dishwasher Hose Where Hose Meets Connector?

Postby atsgmo » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:42 am

Hi, I wonder if any one can help. Last week I discovered a pool of water under my kitchen sink, which was due to a dripping dishwasher hose. I have an inlet hose running from the pipe to the dishwasher hose, via a plastic connecter ( see image here)

The drip seems to be coming from where the inlet hose meets to the connector, so I bought a new inlet hose, but that does not seem to have done the trick, and the drip ( whilst very slight) is still occuring. I have tried using PTFE tape but this has still not cured it.

SO I thought maybe I needed a new plastic connector but can't seem to find it sold anywhere.( perhaps it is an old design - the kitchen is 20 years old)) I am sure it is a standard bit of kit, so can someone advise what I should be looking for?

Many thanks
Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:42 pm


Simply Build It

Postby proptech » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:26 pm

Hi Michael

I'm afraid that all I'm getting from flikr is 'page not found' so I've no idea what this plastic connector is.
Rank: Foreman
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 415
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:22 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics