Help fitting a heavy chain door curtain into my bedroom doorway
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Lisab
Labourer
Labourer

Help fitting a heavy chain door curtain into my bedroom doorway

by Lisab » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:27 pm

Im having trouble fitting a heavy chain door curtain into my bedroom doorway. I have used the raw plugs and L shaped screws provided but i have hit the metal studding behind the plasterboard so the raw plugs and screws dont go in enough. Ive tried to find some short raw plugs that are still wide enough for the drilled holes but i xant get any. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do? I have puctures but dont know how to upload them. If anyone knows please do let me know how.
Thanks

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Help fitting a heavy chain door curtain into my bedroom doorway

by stoneyboy » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:50 pm

Hi lisab
Difficult to give a solution without pictures but you could drill through the metal studding (if it is metal studding and not metal sheathing covering electric cables).
Have a look at the welcome forum - how to upload images for help with this.
Regards S

Lisab
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Help fitting a heavy chain door curtain into my bedroom doorway

by Lisab » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:47 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Ill check out the welcome forum.

That is a very good point about the wires. Im not entirely sure if its metal sheeting or studding so probably best to be cautious as its a relatively new build and they do tend to put wires and flexy pipes in weird places ( my bf accidently drilled through a water pipe so you can imagine the carnage)

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:02 pm