Help Fixing my Shed for Dog Grooming Parlour
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

iisabe91
Labourer
Labourer

Help Fixing my Shed for Dog Grooming Parlour

by iisabe91 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:51 am

Hi there!

I am not a carpenter at all. But I enjoy doing everything by myself, so at the moment, I am fixing my wood shed in the garden.
I am preparing it as dog grooming room, so my intention is to seal all the shed. I found some spaces between wood, most of them are ok, water doesn't come in, but one of the sides does. I attached some pictures.

This one is on the floor. It's the only part of the floor that is not sealed.
This one is on the floor. It's the only part of the floor that is not sealed.

This is a little one next to the window. It is tiny and no water comes from there.
This is a little one next to the window. It is tiny and no water comes from there.

This one is the biggest one, everything around is damp, but not a lot.
This one is the biggest one, everything around is damp, but not a lot.

And there are two in this part, but not too big, still, some water comes in. Wall are a little damp, but the floor underneath is dry.
And there are two in this part, but not too big, still, some water comes in. Wall are a little damp, but the floor underneath is dry.

Is there any product I can use to close these gaps? I was thinking to close the gaps, then someone suggest me to put a breathable sheet, polystyrene insulation and cover it all with bathroom plastic cladding.
If you have any other recommendation would be appreciated. I need it to be insulated, sound prof, and water tight.

Thank you!

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:33 am