Help! I cannot install this light switch into wall - the wall's vertical wood pieces is broken
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
b274
Labourer
Labourer

Help! I cannot install this light switch into wall - the wall's vertical wood pieces is broken

by b274 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:05 pm

IMG-2814.JPG
IMG-2801.JPG
IMG-2802.JPG
Hello all,

I am attempting to install a light switch in my living room, but the horizonal wooden stirps which are behind the wall, is broken directly behind the light switch, thus I have nothing to screw the light switch into, to secure it.

Furthermore, I tried to install a light switch holder (a face place with about an 2" depth (to accommodate the wiring) and i thought this might work because it uses 4 screws to secure to the wall, instead of the 2 in the light switch, but again, the same problem: the screws have nothing to secure to.

Please see the attached photos, for a clearer picture of my problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

thank you in advance

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Help! I cannot install this light switch into wall - the wall's vertical wood pieces is broken

by stoneyboy » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:56 pm

Hi b274
Probably the best chance is to use a deep dry lining box. You may have to use odd bits of timber and expanding foam to secure the box in place.
Regards S

b274
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Help! I cannot install this light switch into wall - the wall's vertical wood pieces is broken

by b274 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:38 pm

thanks for you comment

Can I drill into expanding foam?

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:46 pm

Hi b427
Yes easily but it’s mot suitable for fixing into, so you could foam around the box so it’s stuck in place
Regards S

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:00 am