DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Help identifying type of MDF board

Postby IgorK » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:46 am


Can you please help me identifying which type of the board is on the picture?

I had spillage in my bathroom and 2 panels of the vanity unit got swollen (I do not know the manufacturer unfortunately). I would like to get a replacement panel, but have no idea how it is called. Is it acrylic MDF? Or PVC?
Do you have any advice where I can order similar panels from?

Would greatly appreciate any help. Really upset about the situation and want to get my shiny bathroom back.

Kind Regards,
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:24 am


Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

Postby stoneyboy » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:30 pm

Hi igork
They look like purpose made mdf panels with a plastic coating. You could try on of the worktop shops and see if they can source replacement panels..
Regards S
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 6321
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Postby andywarrick89 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:43 am

Hi Igor,

I highly doubt you'll be bale to pick that up off the shelf anywhere.

You'd have to go to a merchant or workshop with cutting services, buy some 25mm (I think - give it a measure) moisture resistant (MR) MDF, get the corners bevelled and give it a paint.

It's almost impossible to match without knowing the make/model I'm afraid.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:24 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics