Help Identifying Water Penetration or Condensation Causing Damp Spots on Walls
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
CarryOnScreaming
Labourer
Labourer

Help Identifying Water Penetration or Condensation Causing Damp Spots on Walls

Post by CarryOnScreaming » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:47 pm

Hi there

I have a flat on 3rd floor of a 1930's brick built ex-council block with tennants in at the moment. Small spots of damp have started appearing on the window wall, mostly low down, either side of the radiator, though a couple are above the sill beside the window on one side as well.

damp_1.jpg

I suspect they are from condensation, though the tennants assure me they keep the room well ventilated. Is it possible this kind of damp can appear through water penetrating the wall (solid brick, which looks good from distance outside)? I have no experience in this area so any information advice or opinions much appreciated.

damp_2.jpg

- there has been no similar problem in the past ten years that I and other tennants have lived in the flat.

damp_3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Help Identifying Water Penetration or Condensation Causing Damp Spots on Walls

Post by welsh brickie » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:43 pm

no its condensation, usually from drying clothes on a radiator that's on an outside wall,
Neat bleach applied with a sponge will stop it.

CarryOnScreaming
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Help Identifying Water Penetration or Condensation Causing Damp Spots on Walls

Post by CarryOnScreaming » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:36 am

Thanks for your reply

- yes, this seems to be the unanimous concensus from every angle, I shall be wise to this from now on!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:29 pm