Help! Is this typical of rising damp?
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
camel_face69
Apprentice
Apprentice

Help! Is this typical of rising damp?

by camel_face69 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:36 am

Hi,

I have recently redecorated my dining room. It was wall papered and had been for a while showing no signs of paper lifting etc, but have had this removed, walls skimmmed and painted which was completed about 2 months ago.

I now can see a dark tide mark up to about 2 feet in places from the skirting boards up and also a few small (inch or 2) roundish intensley darker patches in the paintwork.

What I find strange is that this only appears on 3 of the four walls, the only wall not affected is the inside of the outside wall if you know what I mean. The 3 walls affected are all internal, ie one backs onto kitchen, another onto lounge and the other is the third party wall with next door.

Further information which may be of use;
- the floor is a solid one
- we have recently had a radiator installed in that room (previously no heating whatsover in it)
- the house is built of brick and was built in 1895(ish).

Any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

dcmoore
Ganger
Ganger

free advice

by dcmoore » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:36 pm

Take a look at any one of our damp projects and ring the phone number for Property Repair Systems. They give free, no obligation advice and we recommend them. They will tell you what you need to do (if anything) and will also be able to supply you with anything you need to do it with but will certainly not try to sell you anything you don't need

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:20 am