All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Hammer&Thong
Labourer
Labourer

Help!! - Main Multipoint BF query

Post by Hammer&Thong » Thu May 15, 2008 8:18 pm

Hi

This is my first post on here so thanks in advance for any of your feedback.

I've been getting some builders around to look at my property which is in need of some renovations. I had one builder who recommended that i fit a new combi boiler for the property. I then had another one say that it shouldnt need replacing. I looked at the current system that we have and it is a 'Main Multipoint BF' heater. I think it is linked in somehow to a very old heating/gas system that is used in the house.

I am not clued up on this and would really appreciate some advice.

I need an annual gas safety certificate from a corgi registered egineer and could not see a corgi sign on any of the systems.

The price they quoted for a new combi boiler with thermostat controlled radiators was £1600. Is this way off the standard price?

Thanks

Phil

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by chris_on_tour2002 » Thu May 15, 2008 10:39 pm

£1600 to supply and fit new boiler and rad valves sounds ok - if its a decent boiler. check what make and model they intend to fit and google it to find out the price. worcester bosch are widely considered to be the best.

also will they be changing the radiators? i suspect not for the price, so make sure that the price includes a system flush and treatments/inhibitors added and make sure they do it! otherwise your boiler will not be covered by guarantee.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:32 pm