Help Needed Fixing Shoddy Ceiling Job
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

Chrisk76
Labourer
Labourer

Help Needed Fixing Shoddy Ceiling Job

by Chrisk76 » Wed May 22, 2019 6:24 pm

Hi all.
Long story short: I wanted rid of the artex on my ceiling, and was going to scrape it off (it is non-asbestos).

A relative felt sorry for me and paid for a plasterer who had good feedback to overboard and skim the existing ceiling.

Now, the reason I wanted this done was to install some indirect ceiling lighting, so really needed it smooth, and flat.

Unfortunately I’ve been left with a ceiling where the new plasterboard isn’t properly attached to the existing one, and it sags by about 5mm, which looks awful when the lights are on. I’ve had the plasterer out to remedy it but he hasn’t made much improvement and I’m not willing to have him out again.

So.... is there any way to attach the new sheets to those above more tightly? I thought maybe a few of those drywall plugs that splay open behind the plasterboard might work if I screwed them in and then removed the screw. I know I’ll have to make good over the screw marks but I can’t face removing the ceiling and getting it all done again!

Any other suggestions?

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:09 am