DIY Doctor

Help needed to remove door (UPVC) handles to replace multipoint lock

Postby LeeBob21 » Wed May 06, 2020 5:45 pm

Hi there,
I hope i'm in the correct thread.
I'm really struggling to remove the door handles on my front door so that I can replace the gearbox.
The problem is I can't remove the handles. I've removed all the screws from the multipoint lock and the cylinder. Now all that remain are the door handles. I looked for a screw under the handle and on the face plate but nothing.
I've included some photos for clarification. If more are needed please ask and i'll get them right away, thanks.

LeeBob21
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Wed May 06, 2020 9:34 pm

Hi leebob21
Assuming there are not fixing screws on the opposite side to your picture you will probably need to carefully prise off the chrome cover which is like a capping over the long thin part of the handle. This may only be one side and removal should expose the fixing screws.
Regards S
stoneyboy

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!