Help Needed With Newish Property That is Ridiculously Cold
Information, help, tips and advice on cavity walls, ceilings and lofts etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Jaybo82
Labourer
Labourer

Help Needed With Newish Property That is Ridiculously Cold

by Jaybo82 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:34 am

I purchased a property over a year ago and it was 9 years old, so still a year left on the NHBC warranty, after a winter here and putting up thermometers this house is ridiculously cold, the internal walls and draughts, a newish build property should not be this cold, it was built by persimmon homes and signed off, can someone help me how I would chase this up and what to do in order to get it sorted, I don't feel I should be Put at expense if things haven't been done properly.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Help Needed With Newish Property That is Ridiculously Cold

by welsh brickie » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:16 pm

you will need to pay for a surveyors report first, then if any fault arises, contact NHBC, and your local council building control office, if they all agree that the building work is sub standard, then its a long legal process to make it right, the build would have had to pass building control and NHBC to gain a completion certificate.

Jaybo82
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Help Needed With Newish Property That is Ridiculously Cold

by Jaybo82 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:31 pm

I have already contacted a few that have offers to advise me for free by sending them some of the paperwork I received when purchased, my house temperature with the heating off today was 6 degrees, and it was 6 degrees outside.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:25 am