Help please!
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
goyathley
Apprentice
Apprentice

Help please!

Post by goyathley » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:04 am

Hi guys,i've been in this forum a few times for looking help to connect a ceiling rose back which is i've disconnected it previosly without checking the cables location,now im trying to put it up back,but unfortunatley all my attempts failed :oops: ,i have 4 main cables hanging out from the ceiling at downstairs hallway,each have brown,blue,yellow/green cables,except one have double brown,yellow/green cables and also single blue and brown cable,only one of these brown cable is live,could anybody please help me how to reconnect these cables into the right places,thanks.

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by sparx » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:08 pm

hi, i think the reason you are not getting help is your explanation of what cables you have is VERY confusing!
If I just assume you have 3 cables with bn+blu, & one with 2 brns then it should be easy!
all grn/yell earths go together to earth of fitting. if a standard rose there will be a large earth term on the plate.
all 3 blues go to the terms at the end of the rose by the flex blue, usually 2 terminals next to flex term.
from the cable with 2 bns put 1 of them into term next to brn flex term.
this should leave 4 brns which go into the 3 terms in the middle of the rose marked 'loop'
If this is not clear, then you need hands-on help, regards SPARX

goyathley
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by goyathley » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:07 pm

Hi SPARX, thanks for your help,i really appreciate it,yes you are right i have 3 cables with brown&blue and one with 2 brown,so i have 5 brown &3 blue cables all together,sorry for asking again,you have said i should put those 4 brown cables to 3 terms in middle of rose marked "loop",but i checked the ceiling rose and the 3 terms in the middle of rose marked just L,which i guess is mean LIVE,2 terms on the left marked as "loop",so im little bit confused!Do i need to put all blues to terms marked N,put 1 of the brown from the cable with 2 browns into term next to brown flex term and 4 browns go to into the terms in the middle of the rose marked L.thanks a lot,

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by sparx » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:51 pm

Hi sorry for delay been away,
most ceiling roses have loop in live terms in middle but not all so ...
all blues with flex blue in terms. marked N
one brown from twin brn cable to flex brn terms.
remaining brns to loop in L terms wherever they are.
guess you have probably already done it by now, BW SPARX

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:50 pm