HELP PLEASE....TAKE A QUICK LOOK!!!!
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
vw754
Ganger
Ganger

HELP PLEASE....TAKE A QUICK LOOK!!!!

by vw754 » Sun May 11, 2008 11:14 pm

WASHING MACHINE now works ok,the drum turns and it spins but now it wont drain the water,theres no sound at all even when the machine is set to drain?

It all started when the drum would not turn,so after a search i found that the electronic module located under the machine had dry solder joints,i re soldered the pcb and the machine started to work ok,drum turned in the wash cycle and all was looking good.

Then i set the machine to number 1 and it filled up with water and worked fine,i left it to run (no clothes inside,just water) at number 6 it should have drained/spinned and come to a halt.

But unfortunaley when i came back home 4 hours later! the machine never made it to number 6 ! instead timer was still on number 5! it never moved from number 5 and also it was full of water.

I cant hear the pump pumping out any water......could this be anything to do with the pcb electronic module ? or is it the pump stuck or something?

ericmark

by ericmark » Mon May 12, 2008 8:03 pm

The electronic module is most likely missing some input. Somewhere it is waiting for something to happen. The chip may have been damaged by the heat or even some stray voltage especially if you didn't wear the earth straps and used earth mats etc. Pump could be stuck but it would normally make some sound also you may have simply blow a fuse.

vw754
Ganger
Ganger

by vw754 » Mon May 12, 2008 9:25 pm

Thanks for the help all,1 of the wires had come off the pump...all sorted now :)

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:17 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:24 pm