Help please - wrong foundation blocks
Drainage pipes, concrete, footings and foundations. Post your questions and find answers here

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
waggles
Labourer
Labourer

Help please - wrong foundation blocks

Post by waggles » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:55 pm

Hi - first post to this forum but have been reading it for years!

I am hoping for some advice please.

I recently completed a 2 year diy project to build a masonry garden building. It is 100% complete with lighting plaster, tiles etc. It is 7m x 4m. No BC required as under 30msq and not for living in/close to border.

Foundations and base construction: Clay earth so 1.2m deep x 40cm wide strip poured concrete foundations to 10cm below ground level. Then cavity thermalite blocks with concrete fill in cavity. Then dpc. The base between the blocks is clay, 10cm hardcore, 3cm sand, dpc, 10cm polystyrene, 15cm concrete poured base.

THen cavity blockwork to roofing with a full flat insulated cold structurerd roof with rubber roofing.

I have just realised a fundamental mistake!

The blockwork is 2newton under the dpc. It should have been 7newton. I did my homework on absolutely everything but missed this fundamental basic.

I am looking for any suggestions on how to correct this? Is there an injectable resin that I can use?

Thank you in advance for considering this post! I am sure you are probably laughing out loud at such a dumb mistake!

xavi99
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Help please - wrong foundation blocks

Post by xavi99 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:06 pm

If they are Thermalite blocks then speak to their technical dept. They are usually very good and you might find that they reckon the blocks will be ok.

Good luck

xavi

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:20 am