Help regarding conduit outside
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
zeuxis
Apprentice
Apprentice

Help regarding conduit outside

by zeuxis » Wed May 09, 2007 11:45 am

hi

Im currently looking to put up a new outside light. Now the house is very old so wiring is not brilliant. There used to be an outside light which someone has removed but the cable remains.

The question really is what way do i have to protect twin & earth outside?
Is 20mm or oval conduit suitable? If so how is best to terminate it at the fittings as lights dont really have a way of fittings a gland light you into a junction box?

Thanks

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Wed May 09, 2007 4:51 pm

Must remind you that wiring lights out side comes under part p rules so you must use registered electrician, & by the sound of your installation an inspection is over due anyway, Regards SPARX

zeuxis
Apprentice
Apprentice

by zeuxis » Wed May 09, 2007 9:11 pm

yes but as i understand it there is no reason i cant do the donkey work and an electrician come in and check + test the installation? so presumably i can run the cable and conduit and a electrician can connect it etc? which was why i was asking the best way to protect the cable outside

thanks

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Thu May 10, 2007 8:44 pm

Not so unless electrician agrees to say he did the work, as not allowed to certify someone elses work!
From discription you are talking about a remote light not attached to house? in which case only steel wire armoured would really do, ask the leckie first as he may have better idea, regards SPARX

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:04 pm