Help !!! returned planning form / not filled in correctly
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
lol63
Labourer
Labourer

Help !!! returned planning form / not filled in correctly

by lol63 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:10 pm

Is there someone who can help me out please.

My 20 year old son has been building me a summer house/shed. My neighbours were aware of this.
things were going well with it. He had completed the shell. But as soon as he put the Tyvek on it i had a visit from my neighbour only to be told she had reported me to the local council telling them that it was blocking her light. "nothing to do with the 30 foot trees we have at the back of us" !!!

This caused the counil to come round who then said they were sending the enforcement officer round.
He has come round and has said that i have two choices. The roof is to high by 400mm. I can drop the roof and carry on or I can apply for planning permission and be granted it.
I have gone for the "planning permission"

I recieved the planning forms and filled them in the best I could. I have now had it all back and they have told me that it is invalid and returned it for the following reasons.

there are 3 things that need doing.

1. I submitted a picture with the dimensions, they have said its not sufficiant. I need to do a floor plan and front, side, side and rear evaluation. I have tried find help on the internet to do this but realy dont know what i am doing.

2. A location plan is required scaled 1.1250. Where would i get this from

3. Certificate B needs to be completed with notice to be served with the artical 11 form on the local housing office. when i tried to do this with my local housing they declined to take it and did not know anything about the forms. I handed it into the main council offices.

Please please please i realy need help with all this, I seem to be banging my head against a brick wall with council and planning :(

regards Lorraine

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Help !!! returned planning form / not filled in correctl

by welsh brickie » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:27 pm

you need to buy a scale rule at your local stationary suppliers and draw the plans with the diamensions from a birds eye view perspective.
You need to include,the finished diamensions of the building including window and door sizes and measure where its situated from the house,to scale
Clearly measure the distance from your boundry
use a compass and write which elevation is facing north,south etc
Draw the base plan (birds eye view)
draw each face of the building and include the finish,wood exterior,plaster etc
specify the foundation thickness you used and discribe the materials you are using to build it.
Include the tree species and the height on your boundry

lol63
Labourer
Labourer

by lol63 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:12 pm

thank you so much, this helps a lot

regards lorraine

xavi99
Ganger
Ganger

by xavi99 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:37 pm

You could photo copy a 1:1250 OS map from the local library. Some council's offer this service and will provide you with the necessary plans for about £30-40.

You can also but OS plans from the internet at about the same price.

Good luck.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1