DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Help !!! returned planning form / not filled in correctly

Postby lol63 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:10 pm

Is there someone who can help me out please.

My 20 year old son has been building me a summer house/shed. My neighbours were aware of this.
things were going well with it. He had completed the shell. But as soon as he put the Tyvek on it i had a visit from my neighbour only to be told she had reported me to the local council telling them that it was blocking her light. "nothing to do with the 30 foot trees we have at the back of us" !!!

This caused the counil to come round who then said they were sending the enforcement officer round.
He has come round and has said that i have two choices. The roof is to high by 400mm. I can drop the roof and carry on or I can apply for planning permission and be granted it.
I have gone for the "planning permission"

I recieved the planning forms and filled them in the best I could. I have now had it all back and they have told me that it is invalid and returned it for the following reasons.

there are 3 things that need doing.

1. I submitted a picture with the dimensions, they have said its not sufficiant. I need to do a floor plan and front, side, side and rear evaluation. I have tried find help on the internet to do this but realy dont know what i am doing.

2. A location plan is required scaled 1.1250. Where would i get this from

3. Certificate B needs to be completed with notice to be served with the artical 11 form on the local housing office. when i tried to do this with my local housing they declined to take it and did not know anything about the forms. I handed it into the main council offices.

Please please please i realy need help with all this, I seem to be banging my head against a brick wall with council and planning :(

regards Lorraine
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:43 am

Postby welsh brickie » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:27 pm

you need to buy a scale rule at your local stationary suppliers and draw the plans with the diamensions from a birds eye view perspective.
You need to include,the finished diamensions of the building including window and door sizes and measure where its situated from the house,to scale
Clearly measure the distance from your boundry
use a compass and write which elevation is facing north,south etc
Draw the base plan (birds eye view)
draw each face of the building and include the finish,wood exterior,plaster etc
specify the foundation thickness you used and discribe the materials you are using to build it.
Include the tree species and the height on your boundry
welsh brickie
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 2612
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:54 am

Postby lol63 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:12 pm

thank you so much, this helps a lot

regards lorraine
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:43 am

Postby xavi99 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:37 pm

You could photo copy a 1:1250 OS map from the local library. Some council's offer this service and will provide you with the necessary plans for about £30-40.

You can also but OS plans from the internet at about the same price.

Good luck.
Rank: Ganger
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:01 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics