Help - struggling with a double insulted bathroom light
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
waz1
Labourer
Labourer

Help - struggling with a double insulted bathroom light

by waz1 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:33 pm

Dear all,

After feeling rather proud of myself for successfully changing half a dozen light fittings for the first time this very amateur DIYer has run into trouble with the last light I have to change.

I have a double insulated bathroom light with a rather bulky plastic casing providing the additional layer of insulation around the terminals. The problem is that there is too little space in the light fitting casing for all the cables (I've got 4 cables running from the ceiling) plus the three sets of wires from the fitting (3 spotlights) plus the plastic casing. I reckon if I could ditch the plastic casing I could everything wired up and get the light fitting screwed flush to the ceiling.

How to do? My instinctive thought was to get a piece of earth cable and attach it to the metal casing of the light fitting and fix it into the earth terminal along with the earth cables. But given my level of expertise, that might be a far too obvious and very ignorant thought, and not one I'm about to try without expert advice. Can anybody advise please?

Ta.

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

by BLAKEY1963 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:47 am

WAS1
get in a part p sparky to help u.

BLAKEY1963

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:09 pm