HELP. Used Wrong Filler. Also Damp problem.
General problems, solutions, information and advice on fixing to walls of all kinds

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
chuckers
Labourer
Labourer

HELP. Used Wrong Filler. Also Damp problem.

Post by chuckers » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:24 am

Can anyone help me.I have newly plastered walls in the which i wanted to fill small cracks in.Also wanted to fill in around new light switches.The problem is i`ve used the wrong filler.I`ve use multi purpose acrylic sealant/filler.I didn`t want the ruberised texture as it shows up under paint and gets dirty.I`ve scraped some off but left some on as it was too hard to remove.Is there anything i can use to cover it up with to get rid of the rubber effect? I aslo filled in a 2" GAP AROUND A PLUG SOCKET WITH THIS ACRYLIC FILLER AND PACKED IT WITH A LITTLE NEWS PAPER.IS THIS SAFE?
ALSO: Since having the kitchen plastered i`ve noticed two patches near the window and door of fluffy white stuff coming from the wall.I think it may be damp.Any suggestions what to do?And how i go about painting over it?
Also:What`s the best thing to use to seal the interior pvc window frame?I wan`t brilliant white that won`t discolour easy.
Also:What`s the best stuff to cover the nails in skirting boards before painting?
Thankyou.

thedoctor

Post by thedoctor » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:59 am

Go to our filling cracks around the house project. The caulk can be chopped out with a small chisel but you will incur some damage. THis can be filled easily using the correct filler or, in the case of the 2inch holes, some Universal One Coat plaster which some sheds call patching plaster.

Newspaper plays no part, anywhere, in the construction of a house.

Go to any or all of our damp projects read them and contact the company presenting them PRS who will give you free, no obligation advice on the telephone.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:34 am