help :( vokera 20/80 r.s flowmatic front display
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Lozzy673
Labourer
Labourer

help :( vokera 20/80 r.s flowmatic front display

Post by Lozzy673 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:14 am

hi, im not sure if this post is in the right section, excuse my thickness cos i dont know anything about heating or boilers or anything like that either. But basically i rent a house and it has one of those boilers the vokera 20/80 r.s flowmatic (well thats what it says on the booklet lol) anyway the boiler is 14 year old and the plumber says it will need replacing soon, which will be down to the landlord. however my boyfriend has broke the front display cover, and so we will need to pay for this damage. A plumber came out yesterday and said that the only damage is on the exteria and the switchboard and the electrics have not been damaged by my boyfriend and it is just like the plastic cover, but he said it was very unlikely we would be able to get hold of this part as it is an old boiler anyway and plus they dont break very often.. I dont suppose anyone knows anywhere where there might be a slight chance of getting one of these parts? im really desperate because if we cant find this part the landlord wants us to pay for half a new boiler..... :cry: :shock: anyway sorry if all this makes no sense and its a bit of a long shot i know just thought might get lucky...

The Heating Doctor
Foreman
Foreman

Post by The Heating Doctor » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:13 pm

Your Landlord is chancing his arm, as the cover plate servs no purpose other than to tidy up the boiler's facia plate it would not effect in any way the fact that the boiler is coming to the end of it's usefull life. In other words if you do find a cover plate the boiler will still need replacing soon as this will not prolong the boilers life. If your landlord still gets a strop on talk to Citizens Advice, oh and keep your boy friend away from things he knows nothing about.

As for obtaining the part do a google serch for Vokera and talk to them direct, they will tell you if the part is available and who the agents are in your area for their spare parts.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1