DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Help! Water coming in back bedroom, already spent £1500!

Postby moochi » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:03 pm

I bought my house in Feb and new about the water, there is a small damp patch at the top of the wall, and its coming down the recess.

I had a roofer out twice, and he said it definetly isnt the roof. Then he noticed the render was all coming off the walls outside and said the water was probably travelling through there.

So, I had all the rendering done a few weeks ago. This morning (after heavy rain last night) I noticed the wet patch is bigger and it hasnt dried out.

I don't know who to call or what it could be...
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:59 am


Simply Build It

Postby welsh brickie » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:35 am

unsure,could be gutter is blocked,If its by a window,it could be the window,Leaking pipe in the wall,
Get a hosepipe and spray different areas,roof first and see if it gets worse,then check for cracks in the wall,process of elimination.
Get different builders in assess the problem
welsh brickie
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 2612
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:54 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics