help with damp caused by leaking guttering
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

Nance
Labourer
Labourer

help with damp caused by leaking guttering

by Nance » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:31 pm

I live in a 1900 mid terraced house in the ground floor flat, I have had a problem with slugs over the last few months and moved my wardrobe today only to find some black damp patches on the wall and on the skirting board corner.

We have had a problem with our guttering leaking and water running down the wall outside where the damp is, but the gutters were replaced last week so this is no longer happening.

My bedroom is at the front of the house and there is a drain outside the area that is damp. I noticed today that the drain was blocked up with all the rain we have been having and has probably been like this for a few months.

I am concerned that the blocked guttering has caused lots of water/damp to build up in the wall and thats why the skirting boards are damp and the slugs are coming in. My room has wooden flooring as well.

I am unsure what to do now, please can anyone advise?

Do I just dry out the damp and now the guttering has been fixed it should fix the solution? or should I get the brickwork & drain looked at on the outside?

Thanks!

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:44 am