DIY Doctor

Help with house alarm needed please?

Postby starstruck » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:51 pm

Evening all,

I have lost the magnetic catch that attaches to my front door ( to activate alarm) It is not the wired piece - just the block that fits onto the door... does anyone know if i can purchase this separetely.. and if so does it have to be both bits or can i get away with just the one - help please!

Many thnx
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:46 pm


Simply Build It

Postby kuzz » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:48 pm

the block that fits to the door is just a magnet. you'll have to buy the whole switch to replace the door part, but they are very cheap!
Rank: Ganger
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:37 pm

Postby ericmark » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:50 pm

Some are coded and other are not but Surface Contact MPS85W Screwfix part number 76045 is most likely what you are asking for.
For obvious reasons we in general do not talk about alarm systems on here but I see no harm in your question.

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics