Help with kettling please
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
dynodave
Labourer
Labourer

Help with kettling please

by dynodave » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:31 pm

I have a very old servowarm boiler with the central heating pump mounted next to it, both controlled by a basic hoeywell one day timer, the problem i have is that when i turn up the temperature on my boiler, if it is working hard on shutdown, it begins kettling and very soon after trips the pilot out and shuts gas off. I know this is because it is overheating, to prevent this happening i have to run the system (manually over ride by pressing boost) for a few seconds when it has shut down on the timer to circulate this very hot water through the sytem, it then does not trip out! is there any device or timer available to run my pump for a few minutes after my boiler has shut down?
Thank you in anticipation

DEEARR2
Ganger
Ganger

by DEEARR2 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:18 pm

Simple answer is to fit a run on thermostat. This small stat is strapped on to the flow pipe on the boiler and sends a signal to the pump to run until the heat reaches the preset reduced temperature. Depending on how your boiler is wired a relay may have to be included.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1