5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
AIS84
Labourer
Labourer

Help With Kitchen Waste Pipe that Drains Under Conservatory

by AIS84 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:51 am

Hello

I am wondering if anyone can help with some advice on the following:

In my new property the waste pipe from the kitchen drains under the conservatory - I.e the drain is under one of the tiles.

Photos:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy72 ... pfy1ef.jpg

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy72 ... xmhx5i.jpg

It looks like a bit of a botch job to me but irrespective of that, I am wondering what I can do about it to avoid any unwanted smells?

We will extend the pipe into the drain at least but what can we do in order to seal the drain from smells?

Is there a sealed cover I can get to replace the grate?

Thanks
Andrew

cmorales
Tradesman
Tradesman

Re: Help With Kitchen Waste Pipe that Drains Under Conservatory

by cmorales » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:10 am

This is a challenging part. You need to check the blue print or architectural structure of your house especially sewerage system.

To prevent the unwanted smell from sewerage is to put grout or caulk to seal the cover tile.

You don't need to replace the grate.

lets have a look
Foreman
Foreman

by lets have a look » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:41 am

I would get some polystyrene to make a snug fit and seal it with some mastic, when you put the tile back down make it removable in case of a blockage

Re-Drain
Labourer
Labourer

by Re-Drain » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:56 pm

Hello,

In my opinion it's obviously not ideal to have an internal gully located in the property so I would look at carrying out a small excavation to remove the gully, replace it with a standard 90 degree rest bend to ground level and install either a rubber or plastic 4" to 40mm reducer before plumbing in the x2 waste pipes so that the entire drain is enclosed.

This will definitely stop smells from escaping plus remove the possibility that the gully trap could become blocked and potentially flood your conservatory.

Please let me know if this is something you would be interested in and I could possibly point you in the right direction (in terms of a contractor to carry out the works).

Regards,

Chris

JeffGreen
Apprentice
Apprentice

by JeffGreen » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:28 pm

I'll keep this post in mind because i think im going to have the same problem soon enough, and hopefully the good advice given will help me out alot.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:35 pm