help with lighting
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bazza
Ganger
Ganger

help with lighting

by bazza » Wed May 30, 2007 11:48 am

hi all me again i waz hoping 2 fit the new under cabinet downlights my missus bought this weekend in kitchen problem is she has bought ones that appear 2 hav 2 be connected to the light curcuit (although i know how to wire them into the curcuit) i hav just had all my kitchen replastered and the only other possible place to run a wire has laminate flooring above it not really worth ripping flooring up they are 12v g4 20w with dimmable transformer is there any way around this problem if not i waz planning on fitting downlights in landing ceiling so cud these be used 4 that as they are surface or recessed monted but with being cabinet downlights can they be fitted to ceilings really need sum advise cheers bazza

Jeffmo
Ganger
Ganger

by Jeffmo » Wed May 30, 2007 10:52 pm

hi , not being able to see your room makes it a bit awkward , however how about mini trunking under wall cupboards to nearest socket at floor level and surface mount socket , other than that i don't see a solution . At least the trunking will not be seen under pelmet unless you purposely look for it . Regards and good luck.

bazza
Ganger
Ganger

help with lighting

by bazza » Thu May 31, 2007 7:11 pm

hi jeffmo thanx 4 advise did as you suggested 2day an bingo all kitchen units are now lit up CHEERS: the next job mi missus as got me doing is downlights in landin ceiling hav u got any advise which are the best ones to buy an the best way to fit them any tips wud be appreiciated once again THANX 4 your advise so far bazza

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:59 am