Help With Newbie Combi Boiler Question With Poor Cold Water Pressure
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

Weaveworld
Labourer
Labourer

Help With Newbie Combi Boiler Question With Poor Cold Water Pressure

by Weaveworld » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:53 pm

New to the combi boiler thing so a few questions if I may? I know I have no cold water tank, not cylinder - makes sense! but why is the cold water pressure in the house so poor? any why does the cold water usage affect the hot water pressure?

Eg. If I am running a bath on pure hot water its pretty slow - if I add cold water too via the mixer tap, the water flow doesn't increase at all, just gets cooler? I would have thought the volume of water coming through would be from mains AND boiler, and therefore increase?

Similarly, if I flush the loo before jumping in the shower, the shower pressure dips dramatically until the cistern is full... the temperature remains the same but the flow is reduced...

I do have one of these limescale remover things plumbed in near the mains, so I wonder whether that is restricting overall pressure? the outside tap, which doesn't come through that, seems fine?

Just FYI it takes about 14 seconds to draw a litre of water, cold or hot - which seems slow to me but I have no real benchmark!

Any advice or info gratefully received!

It is currently Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:34 am