DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Help With Plastic Stopcock Handle

Postby Putters » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:24 pm

Hi all - simple question but I cannot for the life of me find an answer! My mains water is behind my kitchen cupboards and is a simple plastic square bit which had a plastic t-shape handle on. The plastic handle has fallen off and disappeared down the back. I need to replace it. All it is a white piece of plastic an inch or two wide and maybe 3-4 inches long that fits onto the small square plastic piece that comes out of the pipework. Turning the plastic handle turns the water on or off by turning several times. I cannot find anything similar by googling it and am not sure what it would be called. I don’t need to replace the whole stopcock, I just need the handle that fits on to turn. Any help much appreciated!
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:17 pm


Simply Build It

Postby Stilson24 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:28 am

I doubt you will be able to find/buy a replacement.
Measure the square on the tap and purchase a stop tap key, often have 3 arms with varying sizes

Available plumbers merchants / tool stores
Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:37 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics