Help with Rads After Replacing all but Living Room Rad Causes Others to Cool Down?
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mshapp
Labourer
Labourer

Help with Rads After Replacing all but Living Room Rad Causes Others to Cool Down?

by mshapp » Sun May 01, 2016 1:41 pm

we changed all the rads at my mums. yesterday we had to flush them all and bleed them. all rads working fine until we put the living room one on and then all others started cooling down, we're wondering if when we attached the living room rad we piped it up wrong... any ideas??

lets have a look
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Help with Rads After Replacing all but Living Room Rad Causes Others to Cool Down?

by lets have a look » Mon May 02, 2016 6:05 am

difficult one,first shut off the thermostatic valve on the radiator and open it very very slightly and let us know what happened please

james_baillie
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Help with Rads After Replacing all but Living Room Rad Causes Others to Cool Down?

by james_baillie » Sat May 28, 2016 4:18 pm

mshapp wrote:we changed all the rads at my mums. yesterday we had to flush them all and bleed them. all rads working fine until we put the living room one on and then all others started cooling down, we're wondering if when we attached the living room rad we piped it up wrong... any ideas??

i had same problem. i had to drain some water off from a drain valve as air was trapped but bleeding wouldnt work. do this why heating is on and should warm right up. do it frim the ones that cool down if you have a drain off

collectors
Foreman
Foreman

by collectors » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:50 am

Possibly just an air lock or it wants balancing. If you have TRV fitted on all rads open them all up & turn down the valves at the other end of the rads that were getting hot to around half way. Also turn the heat up full.
You will get this problem if you have a lot of pipes dropping from above to feed the rads. All we are trying to do is push the water to the rads that are not quite flowing so easily.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1