Help with some concreting a short retaining wall
Post your questions and get answers regarding all areas of drives, pathways and patios

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jezzyg
Labourer
Labourer

Help with some concreting a short retaining wall

by jezzyg » Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:51 am

I'm raising the level of my lawn so I need to build a short retaining wall (850cm x 25w x 45h). I think i need to lay concrete down underneath the hollow concrete blocks i have chosen and was thinking of using Blue CIrcle Quickset Concrete. A) Is that a good idea, b) how much water should I add (as it says sprinkle straight on, and c) is there a better way?
Any help would be great.
Thanks!!

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Help with some concreting a short retaining wall

by stoneyboy » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:53 pm

Hi jezzyg,
There is not really any advantage in using quick set for you wall foundations it may be a disadvantage because it sets so quickly. Suggest you use BC multipurpose concrete.
Regards S

jezzyg
Labourer
Labourer

by jezzyg » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:34 pm

Thanks. I chose that one as I didn’t need to do any mixing and it said just add water. Do you know of a simile product that you think is better?

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:50 pm

Hi jezzyg,
Whatever dry mix product you use it will need mixing - yes even the BC quickset concrete. Tip the dry mix product into the hole (or shuttered area) pour in water and mix it in with a fork. Make sure all the dry mix is wet throughout or it will not set.
Regards S

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:58 am