DIY Doctor

Help with wheelhead radiator cap question

Postby Greg55 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:20 pm

Hi guys,

1st time poster and looking for help. I'm not good at diy but want to put a wheelhead cap on radiator and think this is achievable.

Basically old microbore pipes and radiator had wheel head cap that you could turn it on and off with. This broke and i need a replacement as im currently turning it on and off with pliers. Dont want it on all the time as its in a room i dont really use.

Problem is im not sure what kind of cap to buy. The one i had says - cornet bs2767-4 but the only ones i can find online say bs2767-10. Does this mean this is wrong size? Can u buy a universal one? The valve works so its just a fitting cap that im looking for and do you think i could do this myself or would i need a plumber?

Sorry if this sounds like daft questions. Been looking online all day and cant find correct cap or any easy explanation.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:25 pm


Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:43 pm

Hi greg55
Haven’t seen cornet rad valves for years and years. Suggest you search on line and hope someone has old stock.
Regards S
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 4458
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics