help with wireing a boiler to a main
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
handy man steve
Labourer
Labourer

help with wireing a boiler to a main

by handy man steve » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:04 pm

ok well i wired the new boiler to the consumer unit with a spur but when i turn on the spur it trips on the consumer unit i checkd all the wires and it seem ok i then wired it up with out the spur and it still trips any idear what it could be thanks guys.
i will tell you how i wired it up
i put the live in the l and the neutral to the n and the earth to the e on the boiler then with that wire i placed the other end in the spur markd mains then from the spur mark load i placed a wire to the consumer unit now this is where i might have whent worng on the unit there is a circut breaker for the boiler so i placed the live in there then on at the top of the unit is the earth block markd ee1 to 13 i placed the earth in one of them was not sure if i should have placed it in a certurn number then on the neutral block its markd 1 to 9 then n 1 to 10 i placed it again any old number . so did i do worng by this. thanks guys

ericmark

by ericmark » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:21 am

If you have split board have you used right neutral? Remember Part P and Part L2 you must have registered work with building controls and have to complete the paperwork and return to them and looking at your questions I wonder if you have the qualifications to complete that paperwork? See projects for regulations.

handy man steve
Labourer
Labourer

by handy man steve » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:12 pm

thanks guys i worked it out and its all working now im doing this job for some one els they said thery done all the paper work and once the job is done some one will be out to check it is that right or are they just geting the job done with out the paper work

ericmark

by ericmark » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:51 pm

There are three signatures designer, Installer, and tester. If you install then you must sign the installer bit.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:15 am