Help with wiring up HIVE active heating
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Tuharax2
Labourer
Labourer

Help with wiring up HIVE active heating

by Tuharax2 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:26 pm

I have just purchased a HIVE active heating. My boiler is a basi M90e
https://www.biasi.co.uk/assets/public/i ... re/34/Riva Compact_Service Manual.pdf

I think I have a thermostat currently it’s always set to maximum I don’t really use it. I took the cover off and there’s a red black and earth wire. I have old wiring so I assume live neural earth. No idea if this thermo is even in use. How would it connect to the boiler if so?

Heres the wiring set up on the boiler
[IMG]

02821-AAA-026-E-4-C77-AF45-5-A66-FCC43-C8-D - https://ibb.co/9v7Ky2r

the hive set up
[IMG]

06388BFE 09B0 4376 A46B 0E369D87A60E - https://imgshare.io/image/prHwpt

I know it’s the bottom block I need to change. Please could someone explain which wires I put into which bits on the HIVE. Also do I remove that black linking wire? What should I fit to the earth tether. Do I need to set the boiler current clock to always on? I assume I remove the live and neutral wires from the top connector box and put these into my hive L and N. Then the bottom block blue I think is my CH on as it links with the red terminal wire which I think is maybe my thermo. So CH on blue, CH off grey take these out and out them into the hiv correct on/off ports. Now it’s just the red wire I am unsure about.

Thanks
Matt

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Help with wiring up HIVE active heating

by Mr White » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:57 pm

Your assumption regarding the 3 wires at your thermostat is wrong.

The pictures you have posted are of little use as there is no perspective. (You know where you were standing we don't) Also I have never heard of a smart thermostat installation by a non-competent person being strait forward.
I would there for suggest you get a competent person to do the job for you, safely.

Oh, as an aside, work out how long before you get your money back in "what you save" don't listen to who sold you the stat, work it out for yourself, the results are quite surprising.

Tuharax2
Labourer
Labourer

by Tuharax2 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:19 am

I think the old thermo is out of use. The boiler manual says the link wire must be removed to install external controls. So it’s just top block l/n into l/n hive. Bottom control block CH on and CH off into hive.
Now I need to work out what wires I buy to extend

chriscba
Ganger
Ganger

by chriscba » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:21 pm

Please see drawing
Attachments
See drawing attached, you will need to put a loop in from L to 1
See drawing attached, you will need to put a loop in from L to 1

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

by ericmark » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:08 am

It seems this must be a common problem as seen the same questions on two other forums.

Line, Neutral, Earth simple enough in parallel with boiler supply.

The Hive 1 and 3 connect to external controls terminal block however not sure it 1 and 3 or 1 and 2, it seems 1 and 3 leaves the boiler clock in circuit and 1 and 2 by passes the internal clock, but all I can do is read the same instructions as you.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:49 pm