Hit Metal after Plasterboad
General problems, solutions, information and advice on fixing to walls of all kinds

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
wizzywas
Labourer
Labourer

Hit Metal after Plasterboad

by wizzywas » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:31 am

Hi All,
Hope someone can help.

I am fixing a set of 4 Ikea mirrors to my 1st floor hallway using redidriva fitting. I got to my final mirror and final fitting and the redidriva hit something solid after getting past the plasterboard. it does seem like metal behind the plasterboard.

Is there anyway I can drill through the metal and insert a standard screw in? as it would be possible to insert screw elsewhere.

got very annoying seeing that it was the last fitting I needed.

Thanks in advance

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:46 pm

wizzywas,
"Is there anyway I can drill through the metal and insert a standard screw in". If it is a metal conduit with mains cables in it then not recommended.
end

wizzywas
Labourer
Labourer

by wizzywas » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:41 pm

I dont think it is, How can I be sure, it could possibly be a metal frame.

stoneyboy wrote:wizzywas,
"Is there anyway I can drill through the metal and insert a standard screw in". If it is a metal conduit with mains cables in it then not recommended.
end

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:53 pm

wizzywas,
Can only suggest you cut a small hole in the plasterboard so you can see what you are hitting. Cut the hole like a shallow taper cone which you will them be able to stick back in place using tetrion/pollyfilla.
end

wizzywas
Labourer
Labourer

by wizzywas » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:45 pm

stoneyboy wrote:wizzywas,
Can only suggest you cut a small hole in the plasterboard so you can see what you are hitting. Cut the hole like a shallow taper cone which you will them be able to stick back in place using tetrion/pollyfilla.
end

Thanks I might just give that a try.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:20 am