DIY Doctor

Hop Water Tap Trickle & No Heat in Radiator

Postby Taptrouble » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:46 pm

I have an issue with my downstairs bathroom. We have OGCH and run a gravity-fed water system with a tank in the attic and a hot water tank upstairs in a cupboard.

The radiator in the downstairs bathroom never gets warm regardless of how many times we bleed it. The hot water tap in here runs at a trickle. The water that comes out is cold but if left to run 5-10 minutes will get hot but the flow won't increase.

I have checked the tanks in the attic and all the valves are open. We have no issues anywhere else in the house just this one bathroom.

Does anyone know what the possible issue could be?

Thanks
Taptrouble
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:31 pm

Hi taptrouble,
Your ch system needs balancing to get heat to the radiator - assuming it is connected. The tap issue is probably an airlock. Turn the tap on full and suck with a wet vac.
Regards S
stoneyboy

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!