Horse/Dog Gas Showers for Sale
Tips, tricks and information on how to spot rogue and cowboy builders and also a platform for you to post and warn others of cowboy builders you may have encountered and help to spread the word of their dodgy dealings

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Stevedaviesblogs
Labourer
Labourer

Horse/Dog Gas Showers for Sale

Post by Stevedaviesblogs » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:27 pm

Sorry this forum seems most relevent:

I'll put a link to the facebook page at the bottom, but for those not on Facebook there is a new company on there selling cheap Japanese gas water heaters fitted to sack trucks and shed walls, No flues fitted and some are photographed inside buildings like this and mounted to wooden shed walls with no obvious fire protection, also there is no suggestions on their page off being gas registered or any certification on the units.

My question is is this legal and if not who should be made aware.

Don't get me wrong I'm all for ingenuity and hard work but this looks extremely dangerous, however I'm not qualified so cant truly say hence being here.

https://www.facebook.com/P-J-Horse-Show ... 901935770/

datadiffusion
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Horse/Dog Gas Showers for Sale

Post by datadiffusion » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:58 pm

Chinese I'll bet. Seen similar offered to static caravan owners. A woman died from a faulty one, the fitter only avoided jail because it couldn't be proven he was acting in the course of trade but it was more like a favour gone tragically wrong.

Nothing has, or with the likes of eBay sales, easily can, be done to prevent their sale with current legislation.

Search eBay for 'tankless log heater' and you'll see similar lethal junk.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:52 pm