Horstman E7Q - Booster Switch Problem
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
AmateurDIY
Labourer
Labourer

Horstman E7Q - Booster Switch Problem

by AmateurDIY » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:46 pm

Hi,

I have a Horstman E7Q switch for heating the water in my apartment. The 24 hour timer switch works but the 60 min booster switch does not work. Any advice on how I should go about finding the specific problem? Should I just go ahead and replace the Horstman E7Q with a new one? A new one costs £69 so perhaps there's something else I should try first?

Thanks for the tips!

kuzz
Ganger
Ganger

by kuzz » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:06 pm

assuming it's the digital type. make sure the switch is in the manual boot position, press all 4 buttons on the front at the same time and it will re-set. if that doesnt work looks like getting a new one. nothing to do with your problem, but maybe worth mentioning there is a switch on the back that often isn't switched to the on position on install meaning when the power goes off it needs setting back up again.

ericmark

by ericmark » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:34 pm

I found a company called Alert Electrical had the instruction manual for down load as a PDF we are not allowed to give a link. It was called 886E7Q instal.pdf anyway it seems the timer can either work with duel or single heating elements and if you are using duel type then the problem could be else where. If using single then it must be fault with timer. Seems very expensive for a timer a standard timer costs £10 an electronic one £18 so £65.63 seems quite high and I wonder if there is a more modern equivalent model at a better price. Do the neons work? Often neons do blow and not working does not mean whole switch has gone on the other hand if it is working then likely the fault is elsewhere. A lot depends on the rating of the immersion heater most switches are rated at 13 amp you spell horstmann wrong may help on internet if right spelling. The electronic version is a little cheaper and a separate boost control about £23.50

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:44 pm