Hot tub lean-to roof construction and venting
Information, help and advice on maintaining, installing and repairing a flat roof. Post your questions and view answers here

Smytho
Labourer
Labourer

Hot tub lean-to roof construction and venting

by Smytho » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:47 pm

Hi,im a plumber myself but im building a lean too area for a hot tub in my garden.Im going to have a toilet room to 1 side of the hot tub and a store to the other.Both of these rooms will be doored but the hot tub area will be open at the front just.There will be a 1.4metre over hang from the roof covering a pathway in front of these rooms.Now i was going to put an epdm perma roof on and any videos ive seen installing it glue straight onto the osb board,but perma roof suggested putting a vapour proofing down,then insulating it and glueing the epdm to the insulation.If i do this im afraid of moisture getting up from underneath with steam from the hot tub.Now in fairness im thinking of adding an extract fan in and the ceiling will be done with pvc panels,whilst the front area is open.The videos i seen with the epdm glued straight to the osb board all have insulation and vapour barrier underneath.This is how I was thinking of doing it but would the roof need vented? None of the videos show any vents.Any suggestions would be much appreciated thanks.

It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:28 am